The original person to think up the idea of making edible healthy cookie dough is Chocolate Covered Katie — a blogger who specializes in healthy vegan desserts and who makes amazing recipes!
I have simplified her recipe and made it even healthier. This recipe takes five minutes to mix up. You need a good food processor or blender. And then you can eat (safe) raw cookie dough! Yum!!!!!
The dough that this makes does not taste exactly the same as cookie dough. But the color is right, it’s sweet, and it has chocolate chips, so as far as I’m concerned it’s good! My kids and I really love this recipe.
- 1/4 cup dates (about six), no pits, and check for (and remove) any dried bits of stem on them
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, such as cannellini beans, great northern beans, or navy beans
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (I like Equal Exchange organic semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Put all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor or blender. Blend until a smooth dough forms, which will take several minutes. Depending on your blender, you may need to add extra water to get everything to blend evenly.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and serve!
- For serving, you can eat it with a spoon like a pudding, or dip in graham crackers to eat it with.