There are already several chocolate chip pumpkin recipes on this site, maybe because year after year I’m still in love with Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. The recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies is good too!
I made this recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies by modifying Bakerita‘s recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies. My chocolate chip pumpkin blondie recipe is super easy to make, grain-free, gluten-free, vegan, and it tastes delicious!!!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies
- 1/4 cup almond butter - or any other creamy nut butter or seed butter or replacer -- though see note about sunflower seed butter!
- 1/4 cup tahini - ditto
- 1/4 cup canola oil - I recommend organic
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar - or regular sugar; see note about how much to use
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree - either homemade or canned - look for plain pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour - my current pick is from nuts.com
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chocolate chips - I like Equal Exchange bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If you have an 8x8 inch silicone pan, you can mix the ingredients right in it - stir the ingredients gently with a sturdy fork or spoon, being careful not to pierce the silicone. Otherwise, add oil and maybe parchment paper to an 8x8 inch "brownie" type of pan.
- Stir all ingredients together, either in a silicone pan, or in a mixing bowl. Check for patches of unmixed ingredients and stir again.
- Spread the mixture evenly in your baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. I like to check for doneness with a thermometer: the temperature of the blondies should be at least 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let cool, then cut into 16 or 25 squares. Store in the refrigerator. They firm up more -- and are easier to cut -- once they are cool.