Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies – gluten-free, vegan, and delicious!
These easy chocolate chip pumpkin cookies are fluffy and delicious!
They are gluten-free and vegan, and taste like my recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread, but in cookie form.
This recipe is adapted from Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies on the Beaming Baker site.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
These fluffy cookies are easy, gluten-free, vegan, and delicious!
Servings: 39 cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix -- I use 1/3 cup each of garbanzo flour, teff flour, and quinoa flour, but any gluten-free mix will do. If you are not gluten-free, regular flour should work fine here.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/16 teaspoon each of cloves, nutmeg, and powdered ginger
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or regular sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely ground flax seed -- Important! If your flaxseed does not look like a fine powder, blend it in a blender until it does.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree -- Either homemade or store bought is fine. Don't use "pumpkin pie filling" though.
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons canola oil -- organic recommended
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract -- optional!
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir.
- Add wet ingredients. Stir until mixed well.
- Either scoop one-tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto nonstick cookie sheets (I like a small cookie scoop for this), or spread the dough into an eight-inch square silicone pan and smooth it out evenly. If you are making individual cookies they don't spread much, so you can space them fairly close together.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes, or the 8 inch pan for 20 minutes.
- Let cool. If you made a pan of cookies, cut into 36 squares. Serve!
You can also use a medium-sized cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons of dough) to make about 20 cookies; bake them for 14 minutes. In case it's useful, here are instructions for how to cook a fresh pumpkin.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies – gluten-free, vegan, and delicious! — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>