Pad Thai – super simple version, vegan, gluten-free, quick, delicious!
This is the simplest Pad Thai recipe that I have ever met! It is quick, yummy, vegan, gluten-free, and my kids like it!
This version is based on the Tasty Tofu Pad Thai recipe in The Simply Vegan Cookbook by Dustin Harder. The recipes in that cookbook are quick and easy, and Dustin Harder seems to like the same flavors as me — which is an important consideration when picking a cookbook!
My version of the recipe is simplified to be even easier than his version!
Pad Thai - super simple version, vegan, gluten-free, quick, delicious!
This super easy version of Pad Thai is quick, gluten-free, vegan, and my kids like it!
Servings: 3 -4 servings
- 1 package of extra-firm tofu 14 to 16 ounces or, for soy-free, Pumfu
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or other sweetener optional
- 3 tablespoons nut butter I use either sunbutter or almond butter in this recipe, but any nut butter should work fine
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce gluten-free if needed or 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- juice of one lemon or lime
- 4 ounces uncooked rice noodles two cakes of Rice Ramen work well
- 2-4 cups chopped veggies cooked broccoli and/or chopped red bell pepper and/or shredded carrots work well, but you can get creative here, or use up leftover veggies - the recipe is flexible!
- 1/3 cup nuts for garnish cashews, chopped peanuts, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tofu into cubes that are about 1/2 inch wide. Spread out the plain cubes on a silicone tray or mat or a very nonstick cookie sheet and bake it for 22 minutes.
- While the tofu is baking, cook the rice noodles according to the package directions. Drain.
- Place all ingredients except for the nuts in a big bowl. Stir. Serve garnished with the nuts.
Pad Thai – super simple version, vegan, gluten-free, quick, delicious! — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>