My jar of tahini says that sesame seeds are better for the planet than nuts.
This chocolate-free sauce is still somehow satisfyingly chocolatey, despite containing no chocolate at all. There is no cooking or baking. It mixes up lightning-fast and tastes great on every fruit that I’ve tried it on. It is addictive!
Tahini Banana Sauce
- 1 freckly banana The banana can be fresh, or to time-shift it forward, you can peel it and freeze it, then defrost it for one minute in the microwave for this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon tahini (it is fine to guesstimate the amount - no need to measure) -- I like Artisana brand (not a sponsor).
- one or more fruits -- this sauce is excellent on apples, mango, cherries, peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and more
- Put the banana and the tahini into a small bowl, and mash them together with a fork until you have a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Prep the fruit. Mix with sauce. Serve!