Pasta with Red Lentils and Ginger – a quick, yummy, healthy, gluten-free meal
This recipe is my modification of a recipe from the excellent cookbook Vegetarian Planet by Didi Emmons. It is healthy, yummy, super-quick to cook, and even my picky kids will eat it. What more could you ask?
Pasta with Red Lentils and Ginger - a quick, yummy, healthy, gluten-free, vegan meal
This quick, healthy, gluten-free, vegan recipe is delicious!
- 1 pound pasta shapes gluten-free if needed - I like Ancient Harvest Supergrain pasta
- 1/4 cup canola oil or olive oil
- optional: 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of ginger chopped, or some dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 cup plus two tablespoons dry red lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach or kale 10 ounces, or 2 cups fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- optional: pepper
- optional: chopped olives
- Put the lentils and water into a pot with the garlic and ginger. Heat to boiling. Let cook until the water is absorbed. Stir in the greens (still frozen is okay) and heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
- Stir all ingredients together.
I’ve been meaning to look at this and it sure looks yummy. I’m thinking of making some next week after I can get some more supplies.
This sounds like my kind of meal!